Formula One reported on Friday that two people had tested positive for Covid-19 in the latest batch of nearly 5 000 tests but said neither attended the first two races in Austria.
A statement said 4 997 tests had been carried out on drivers, teams and personnel from 10-16 July.
“Of these, two people have tested positive. The individuals were not present in Austria, with the affected people removed from operations and isolated. Tracing of close contacts completed and isolated,” it said.
The positives were the first linked to the sport since the scheduled Australian season-opener in March was cancelled after a McLaren employee was found to have the new coronavirus.